Phase IV was (and is) a new beginning for the MCU – similar to many series, where the fourth season usually shakes the status quo at least a little bit: After the final (and epic) battle in “Avengers: Endgame“.
Once the Avengers had been beaten and the story of great heroes like Iron Man, Black Widow, or Captain America had been told, Phase IV concentrated on little-known MCU characters from the start, or rather characters who had previously been in the background were finally given a chance to shine.
Phase IV 2021 (observed from all sides with eagle eyes) started with the series “WandaVision“, “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier”, “Loki“, and “What If…?” as well as “Hawkeye“. This series landscape was then expanded with “Moon Knight” and “Ms. Marvel” – stories in which the origin of characters was first told.
So far, the movies “Black Widow“, “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings“, “Eternals”, “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” (still running in cinemas), and of course especially “Spider-Man: No Way Home” caused a sensation.
MCU Phase V is starting soon
So far, so well known and so controversial. But how will things continue with and within Phase IV? Surprisingly little is said about this, at least compared to the previous phases.
MCU mastermind Kevin Feige thinks we’ll soon have the answer to this burning question. In an interview with “Total Film”, he gave a very surprising answer: “We are nearing the end of phase 4.
People will soon see where the next saga leads.” Phase IV is almost over? And we rather thought this MCU section would go a little further… Or is Feige already thinking about the year 2023? Because Phase IV should, at least according to the information so far, extend until the end of next year.
In addition, Feige was amazed at the statement that we have been teased about Phase V since 2021 – but nobody noticed! “There have been a lot of clues that are obvious to me, at least. But we’re going to be a little clearer over the next few months (…) so people can see more of the Bigger Picture.”
Fan theories kick off in 2, 3, and 1…
This is what awaits us in Phase IV
Admittedly, Feige’s statements unsettled us a bit, because internal Marvel plans may have changed. Nevertheless, we want to give you a clear list of those titles that are part of MCU phase IV, at least according to the current status:
- “Thor: Love and Thunder”: In cinemas from July 6th
- “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”: in cinemas from November 9th
- “The Marvels”: In theaters February 15, 2023
- “Guardians of the Galaxy 3”: In cinemas from May 4, 2023
- “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania”: In cinemas from July 26, 2023
- “Blade” (Reboot): Theatrical release unknown
- “Fantastic Four” (Reboot): Theatrical release unknown
- “I am Groot”: from August 10th on Disney+
- “She-Hulk: The Lawyer”: Coming to Disney+ on August 17th
- “Werewolf by Night”: from the end of October on Disney +
- “Agatha: House of Darkness”: release date unknown on Disney +
- “Secret Invasion”: release date at Disney + unknown
- “Ironheart”: release date at Disney + unknown
- “Armor Wars”: release date at Disney + unknown
- “Echo”: release date at Disney + unknown
- “Spider-Man: Freshman Year”: Disney + release date unknown
- Wakanda series: Disney+ launch date unknown
- “Marvel Zombies”: release date at Disney + unknown
This could await us in Phase V:
If you search the net like little truffle pigs for information about the fifth phase of the MCU, you already get a small picture of what it could look like.
At least there has been talking for a long time that the following Marvel titles are being planned – and spontaneous squeezing into Phase IV is unlikely for a variety of reasons, which is why only Phase V would be an option:
- “Wonder Man” (series): Release date still unknown
- “Daredevil” (series): Release date still unknown
- “Nova” (series or film): Release date still unknown
- “Thunderbolts” (movie): Release date still unknown
- “Captain America 4” (movie): Release date still unknown
- “Shang-Chi 2” (movie): Release date still unknown
- “Deadpool 3” (movie): Release date still unknown
From the rumor mill:
- “X-Men” movie: maybe only after phase V?
- “Avengers 5”: If there is a new Avengers film, then only with a new cast