By default, when someone tags you in a photo or video on Instagram, that post is automatically added to your account and can be seen by any of your followers who visit your profile.
In order to prevent this from happening, the social network has a tool that allows you to choose who can tag you in the posts. In turn, it has an option to manually select and approve what content appears on your profile.
How to choose who can tag you on Instagram?
In the privacy settings of the Instagram application for Android or iOS devices, users have the option to choose which people can tag or mention them in the platform’s publications. To enable this feature, follow these steps:
- Enter the Instagram application from your smartphone
- Press the icon of your profile located in the lower right corner of the screen
- Tap the three-line button ☰ at the top right to open the menu
- Access the configuration section
- Go to privacy> publications
- Go to the Allow tags from section and select one of the following options: everyone, people you follow, or no one.
In addition to this setting, you have the possibility to choose whether or not the photos or videos in which you are tagged appear in your profile automatically or manually. To do this, do the following:
- Go back to privacy> publications
- Press the option to approve labels manually
- Flip the switch to start monitoring tagged posts.
By enabling this option, you will have the ability to review each post where you are mentioned and choose whether it is displayed on your profile or, on the contrary, you will be able to permanently remove the tag.