Take note. Among the wide variety of tools that the Gmail platform offers, such as confidential messages and access without an internet connection, there is one in particular that allows you to download your emails directly to your computer.
In addition to the fact that these files can be used to attach them to messages, downloading them will also help you free up space in your inbox, which has a free limit of 15 GB and is shared with Google Drive and Google Photos items.
How to download emails from Gmail?
- Access the Gmail website from a Windows or Mac computer
- Search your inbox for the email you want to download and open it
- Click on the three-dot icon ⋮ to display the options menu
- Tap on the download message function.
Within seconds, a file in the EML format (an extension created by Microsoft Corporation) will download to your computer. To open this item, you will need a desktop email client.
How to send emails as attachments in Gmail?
Every time you need it, you can attach an email to another. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click the compose an email button (pencil icon) located at the top left of the screen
- In the new window, tap the attach files option (clip icon) located at the bottom
- Select the email file that you previously downloaded and press the open button
- Finish writing the message as you normally would
- Hit the submit button.
When the recipient receives the email, they will only have to click on the attached file to view the email in question, so they will not need to install any external program. In addition, you will have the possibility to download said item on your PC or save it in your Google Drive account.