Discover the best features to get the most out of the Notes app on your iPhone and iPad.
While it is true that there is an excellent selection of note-taking applications in the iOS and iPadOS App Store, the truth is that we will not find an app that has as much integration, synergy, and symbiosis with Apple’s ecosystem software as Notes. which also offers great usability.
Probably by now you will know more than enough many of the tricks of Notes for iPhone and iPad . But what if we told you that you’re not using the full potential that Apple’s native notes app offers us? At first, Notes may seem like a very simple app, but once you discover all it has to offer, you won’t want to use another app again.
Notes tips, features, and tricks on iPhone and iPad
We invite you to discover all the functions that make the Notes application the ideal companion for your iPhone and iPad.
Ask Siri to take notes for you
In the same way that we can ask Siri to send a message on WhatsApp or ask Siri to read a received message, we also have the possibility to ask Apple’s voice assistant to write a note for us without even moving an just finger.
- Use the voice command: “Hey Siri”.
- It then asks: “Write a new note”.
- Siri will ask you: “What do you want me to say?”
- Dictate to Siri everything you want to write in the note, remember that you can use spelling signs and even emojis.
Use real-time collaboration
Did you know that it is possible to create a note that multiple users can modify ? That’s right, the Notes app offers real-time collaboration functionality that allows you to add other users to make changes to your annotations. It is ideal for shopping lists, work projects, travel planning, etc. In addition, you will be able to see at all times who is making changes to the note.
- Open the Notes app.
- Create a new note on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the action button (share) of Notes.
- Make sure the “Collaborate” option is checked and send the note to a user through Messages, Mail, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc.
Take advantage of “Drag and drop” to transfer content
The iPhone and iPad Notes application is compatible with Apple’s Drag and Drop function , so we can include images, links, videos and other files from any other application in a much more dynamic and comfortable way than copying and pasting.
- Open an app from which you want to insert an image, video, or other file.
- Hold your finger down on the item you want to include in Notes.
- Without letting go, minimize the app and open Notes.
- Drag the item to the app and release it.
From iPad the process is much more simplified thanks to the Slide Over and Split View multitasking functions.
Open a new note with your Apple Pencil (iPad)
Apple implemented a very useful and convenient system to start writing a new note from iPad via Apple Pencil with a feature known as “Tap to Wake”. Although, there are actually two methods to open the Notes app with the Apple Pencil, even if the iPad screen is locked.
- Tap Apple Pencil on any area of iPad with the locked screen.
- Swipe your finger or Apple Pencil from the bottom right corner of the iPad.
Insert lists, tables, images and freehand drawings
Notes includes a whole repertoire of functions to insert all kinds of elements in annotations on iPhone and iPad. From photos taken directly with the camera to ready to check the completed boxes. It has everything.
- On iPad you can access these functions from the top menu bar.
- On iPhone the functions are available at the top of the keyboard.
These are just some of the coolest features of the Notes app for iPhone and iPad. But there is much more! The Apple app also allows you to scan documents and many other features that will, once again, make Notes the ideal companion for your iPhone and iPad.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings