A few years ago, there were pages that allowed you to send text messages to your friends for free; however, these websites ended up disappearing after the arrival of WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, among other instant messaging apps. Can you still send an SMS from your computer? The answer is positive and here we are going to teach you.
If you have an Android smartphone, you should know that the Google messages application (which is pre-installed on most phones) has a version for computers that you can use freely, no matter whether you have run out of balance. Using this platform (which is very similar to WhatsApp Web) is quite easy, you just have to follow these steps.
- Take your smartphone and go to the Google Messages application. In case you don’t have it, download it from the Play Store.
- Press the three dots (upper right corner) and select the option “Pairing devices”.
- Choose ‘ Scan QR code ‘ and you will see that your phone’s camera is activated
- Now go to the official Google Messages page.
- You will see that it has an interface similar to WhatsApp Web, with a QR code that you must scan with your smartphone.
- Once you scan the code, all the text messages you sent will appear, as well as your contacts that you have saved in your Google account.
That’s all. Keep in mind that the Google Messages web platform for computers not only allows you to send text, but also stickers, emojis, images, and GIFs.