The Chinese province of Hubei reported on Saturday (Sunday, local time) 96 more deaths from the coronavirus, in line with the number seen in recent days. However, the number of cases in South Korea increased even more, and the United States issued travel alerts that show fear of the disease spreading outside of China.
Washington raised its travel alerts for Japan and South Korea , although the new level is two levels below that of China (No travel). Italy, the country with the most infections in Europe, is banning travel to and from an affected area southeast of Milan.
The total number of deaths in the nation ‘epicenter’ of the disease that has spread throughout the world increased to 2 thousand 441 , while the number of infected was 76 thousand 918 .
On the other hand, South Korea reported 123 more cases, bringing the total there to 556, with four deaths confirmed.
Italy implemented what may be the strongest measures so far in Europe to contain the coronavirus, this after the second death from the virus was recorded in the country and 76 cases distributed in five regions were diagnosed .
All work activities, public events and schools have been closed in the affected areas, Italy’s Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced. He also announced travel bans on the affected parts of the nation, but said he would not suspend the agreement that allows most European citizens to travel freely in the territory .
On the other hand, the US State Department raised its alert levels to travel to Japan and South Korea to level 2, which is still below level 4 decreed for China. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said that Japan is registering a “sustained transmission” of the virus and asked people with chronic medical conditions to consider postponing non-essential trips to that nation
Japan has reported one death, and two others who were passengers on the Diamond Princess cruise. It has a relatively large number of cases, more than 120.
One more person, the sixth, died this Saturday in Iran, in the central province of Markazi, the semi-official Tasnim news agency reported . The country’s health officials also reported 785 suspected cases , which increases the possibility of a much broader infection. So far there are 28 confirmed cases.
The authorities ordered the closure of schools in six provinces. Soccer teams, concert halls, theaters and cinemas have also been asked to cancel their activities.
Kuwait Airways will send planes to the second largest city in Iran, Mashhad, to evacuate more than 700 Kuwaiti citizens.