Spotify, the world’s most popular music and podcast streaming application has been updated to reveal the addition of a new tool that will allow you to combine your favorite songs with those of your best friends in a single playlist.
Find out below how to launch the interesting mergers of the app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
What is Spotify Mergers?
As we anticipated in previous lines, a Spotify merger is nothing more than a mix of musical content that occurs when you link your account and that of any of your friends or followers in the streaming application. The new functionality will allow you to invite a friend or family member to create a joint list of songs.
This is possible thanks to the fact that the platform’s algorithms can analyze the common tastes of the merger participants and formulate a whole playlist that includes topics that both people may like.
However, you should know that, for now, these mergers are available only for two people. Also, when creating the playlist, the other user will see both your name and your profile picture.
How to create a Spotify merge with your friends?
Follow these steps to start enjoying Spotify music mixes with your friends:
- First of all, you must check that the application on your smartphone is updated and with the latest version. You can do this by checking the app store for your operating system.
- Open Spotify and go to the panel called search.
- Click on the section especially for you.
- Hit the button that says create blend.
- In the panel that opens, you must select the account of the person with whom you want to merge.
- Choose whether to send the invitation link through another app such as WhatsApp or Instagram. You can also access the copy and send option in the way you want.
- Ready! Enjoy the combination of styles.