The web extensions have become an excellent tool to give browsers a variety of additional functions, such as blocking ads, managing passwords, adding subtitles to video calls, correcting grammatical errors, and more.
Unfortunately, a drawback that arises in Google Chrome is that these tools are not enabled when accessing a tab in incognito mode. However, using them is not impossible and here we will teach you to step by step how to enable them in private browsing.
How to install web extensions in Google Chrome?
- Access the Chrome Web Store from your computer or laptop
- Search and select the extension you want to download
- Click the Add to Chrome button
- Wait for the installation process to complete and you’re done.
To use the web extension, click on the puzzle icon to the right of the address bar. Keep in mind that if the tool needs certain permissions, you will be notified. To approve them, press the Add extension button.
How to enable extensions in incognito mode?
- Open Google Chrome from a computer or laptop
- Tap the three dot icon ⋮ in the top corner to display the main menu
- Access the Configuration section
- Click on the Extensions tab located in the left column
- Select the extension you want to configure
- Press the Details button that appears at the bottom
- Check the box for Allow in incognito mode.
From that moment, every time you open a new private window in Google Chrome, you will be able to use any web extension that you have activated for that browsing mode without any problem.
Google Chrome: How to take screenshots of a full page with Android 12?
If you update the operating system of your smartphone to Android 12, it will no longer be necessary to take more than one screenshot on the same page and then unify them in another application. This was something that was done in earlier versions of the software.
Thanks to the incorporation of the scroll mode (‘sliding the screen’ in Spanish), users will be able to take a picture of the entire Google Chrome screen without leaving behind any important details.