Do you feel that the file download time is too slow? Do not worry. If you usually use Google Chrome from a computer or mobile device, you should know that this web browser has a hidden feature that makes it possible to optimize the speed of this task easily.
This is a very useful function that is responsible for dividing the file you want to obtain into several parts. In this way, each of the fragments is downloaded simultaneously and at the same speed, which helps to considerably reduce the duration of this process.
How to speed up downloads in Google Chrome?
To access this interesting feature of Google Chrome from your smartphone or computer, you must first activate a certain parameter within the browser settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome from your computer or mobile device
- Put in the address bar the path chrome: // flags /
- Once you log in, type in the search bar the term Parallel Downloading
- Click on the drop-down menu that will appear on the right side of that function
- Select the Enabled option to activate the feature.
After completing this process, a notice will appear at the bottom of the screen to restart the Google Chrome application and apply all the changes. When the browser opens again, the tool will already be enabled and your files will download faster.
Please note that this special feature is available for computers with Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome OS operating systems, as well as for Android phones.