Throughout life, we meet many different people, however, you could count on the fingers of one hand those who are there through thick and thin and who remain over time in a show of absolute loyalty. . For this reason, before avoiding unnecessary disappointments, you must be clear about what the concept of friendship is for you.
Another situation that sometimes occurs is to feel that a person with whom you had confidence suddenly ignores you or leaves you aside. Do you feel like you have no friends to date or real friends? Do you think you are losing your friends? Are you distancing yourself from your best friends? If your friends have let you down and you don’t know what to do, read on. We will see what to do when your friends leave you aside.
Why do my friends stay and don’t tell me?
Why does a friend ignore you? When a friend leaves you out, he is displaying instrumental behavior in the friendship. There are several options in case of estrangement between friends. If your friends stay and don’t tell you, it could be for these reasons:
- Perhaps your lives have changed and you no longer share values or hobbies.
- It may be that you are in different stages of life and you do not have things in common.
- Perhaps you have met a new group and are now more interested in your new friendships.
- It also often happens that when some people find a partner, they leave many of their friends aside and focus solely on love.
- Another option is that there is some conflict that has not been resolved and that is causing the estrangement between friends.
What to do when your friends ignore you
How to act when they make you empty? When your friends leave you aside, hang out and don’t notify you or ignore you, it’s normal for you to feel very upset and wonder what you can do about it. Let’s see what to do when friends let you down:
- Find the reason. As we mentioned in the previous section, you may be in different stages of life, and you no longer share hobbies or activities in common. Or there may be some pending conflict. The solution will be different depending on the reason for the estrangement between friends.
- Talk to him or them. Of course, it is worth trying to explain to that person how you feel and how you would like things to change. Always from assertive communication. From there, it is up to him to play his part.
- Be patient. The one who feels that a friend ignores him experiences emotions of all kinds: rage, pain, sadness, anger, loneliness… Sometimes, the other may realize that he misses you and come back to look for you. Therefore, you have to give time to time and have a little patience.
- Put your part. Friendship is a true gift, however, it must be nurtured equally by both parties, through communication, common plans, illusions, and experiences.
- accept. If all of that doesn’t work, it means that the friendship can’t go on, since the other person isn’t putting up their part. You can’t change others, so you’ll have to accept it.
- Thank you. Sometimes, people take different paths and nothing happens. Stay with the good times lived next to that person, the good times shared with that group of friends.
- Change of environment. Your friends may ignore you and ignore you and this makes you feel bad. In this case, the best thing you can do is change the scene, and start new activities, in another environment and with other people.
- Strengthen your self-esteem. Self-esteem is built based on experiences and interpretations. It may be that in this experience you have felt rejected or rejected and that has affected your self-esteem.
- Meet new people. The fact that a friend or friends have failed you does not mean that you have run out of friends, nor that you will not have more friends. It is a good opportunity to meet new people and establish new friendships.
- Make new friends. To make new friends or new friends, it is necessary first of all to be open to meeting new people. For a friendship to emerge, be yourself and be receptive.
How to make new friends
To make new friends, you need to connect with other people and have an open attitude. You can practice activities that you like and go to the plans to which you are invited. In this way, you will be able to meet other people. If you do activities that you like and you are open and receptive in your daily activities (in your gym, in your supermarket, at work…) you will be able to find friendships with like-minded people. If you don’t know how to start a friendship, we recommend you check out our tips for making friends.
How to know if a friend cares about you
You will know if a friend cares about you by observing the following signs:
- listens to you when you speak
- He is interested in you
- wants to make plans with you
- When you need his help, you can count on him or her
- You are comfortable when you are together
- You share certain values or visions of life
- You have a good time with him or her
- try to understand you
- treats you with kindness
- You feel that you can be yourself by his side
- He is by your side in the important moments
This article is merely informative, we do not have the power to make a diagnosis or recommend treatment. We invite you to go to a psychologist to treat your particular case.