HBO has just released the spectacular trailer for ‘The House of the Dragon’, the prequel to ‘Game of Thrones’ that will compete for head-on against ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power’ (and Amazon Prime Video) for the title of best fantasy series of this year 2022.
A promising fight
Let’s remember that ‘The House of the Dragon’ will premiere on HBO on August 21 -in Spain, we will see it on HBO Max from the next day-, while ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power’ will be seen on Prime Video from September 2. If the comparisons were already inevitable, now even more so.
Eve Best, Paddy Considine, Olivia Cooke, Emma D’Arcy, Rhys Ifans, and Matt Smith lead the cast of this series set 200 years before the story that ‘Game of Thrones’ told us. Come on, don’t expect to see any old acquaintance from the HBO series, but, obviously, some of his ancestors.
This new preview shows much more than the teaser released a few months ago and implies that in ‘The House of the Dragon’ we will find all those who seduced us from ‘Game of Thrones. Now it only remains for those responsible to manage not to divide the public as much as with the last season of that one.
HBO has also released a multitude of posters focused on the characters of ‘House of the Dragon’ that I have chosen to include here as well.
The cast of House of the Dragon
- Paddy Considine – Viserys Targaryen
- Olivia Cooke Alicent Hightower
- Emma D’Arcy – Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen
- Matt Smith – Prince Daemon Targaryens
- Steve Toussaint – Lord Corlys Velaryon, The Sea Snake
- Eve Best – Princess Rhaenys Velaryon
- Rhys Ifans – Otto Hightower
- Sonoya Mizuno – Mysaria
- Fabien Frankel – Ser Criston Cole
- Milly Alcock – Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen (Young)
- Emily Carey – Alicent Hightower (Young)
- Ryan Corr – Ser Harwin ‘Breakbones’ Strong
- Jefferson Hall – Lord Jason Lannister, Tyland Lannister
- David Horovitch – Grand Master Mellos
- Graham McTavish – Ser Harrold Westerling
- Matthew Needham – Larys Strong
- Bill Paterson – Lord Lyman Beesbury
- Gavin Spokes – Lord Lyonel Strong