After ingesting a hazardous mixture of bottle gourd juice, author-director Tahira Kashyap was recently taken to a hospital’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) for two days due to food illness.
On Saturday, Kashyap uploaded a Reel to her Instagram account to share the story with her followers, in an attempt to raise awareness about the ailment known as bottle gourd toxicity.
Kashyap described how, despite its bitter taste, she consumed a concoction of “haldi, doodhi, and amla” (turmeric, bottle gourd juice, and Indian gooseberry) and ended up with “17 bouts of vomiting” and her “blood pressure dropping to 40” in the video.
“PLS LISTEN TO THIS!” Kashyap wrote in the caption. Instagram is a fantastic tool for raising awareness! Please read about TOXICITY OF BOTTLE GOURD! In this video I made from my set, I may appear to be all sorted and calm, but I was in deep sh#%!”
She went on to say that she had learned not to keep popping juices just because they appeared to be healthy.
“I’m sharing details because doctors have requested me to share the word.” I’ve grabbed up my phone and dialled all of the people I know that have the #greenjuice Toxic effects of bottle gourds are severe, and severe is an understatement. Please read between the lines if you can. It’s deadly. Just don’t keep popping juices in the name of health! There was a reason I was in the ICU for the same; I won’t go into any more graphic specifics, but please help spread the news. She wrote, “#bottlegourdtoxicity #dhudhi #greenjuice.”
Kashyap stated in the video that her health has improved and that she is now back on the shoot of her upcoming film ‘Sharmajee Ki Beti.’
Meanwhile, Ayushmann Khurrana, her husband and Bollywood celebrity, is slated to collaborate with filmmaker Aanand L Rai for the third time on an eccentric humorous action film named ‘Action Hero.’ On October 28th, he’ll attend the Filmfare Middle East Achievers Night in Dubai’s Meydan.