During the pandemic, work from home and online classes have grown exponentially, which is why WhatsApp Web has become one of the most used tools. The advantages it offers are many: from chatting through your laptop or desktop to quickly attaching files that you want to share.
However, most users are unaware that WhatsApp Web has a secret trick that allows us to activate temporary messages from a computer, both for individual and group chats.
What are temporary messages?
Temporary messages allow people to send text messages, pictures, videos, etc., which will disappear within seven days after they are sent. For example, this is very useful when sending private and important information (such as personal details or bank details) to someone.
How to activate temporary messages?
To activate this WhatsApp Web tool from our PC, you do not need any Google Chrome extension; you just have to follow these instructions:
- Access WhatsApp Web from the Windows 10 app or from your favorite browser.
- Scan your QR code from your cell phone.
- Select one of your contacts.
- Click on the profile photo, you will see all the details, as well as some of its information.
- Below you will find the option of temporary messages.
- Press and a new window will be displayed to activate the disappearing messages.
After activating temporary messages in your WhatsApp chats, the protection of your conversations will be further extended. Also, a notification will appear indicating the new chat settings. This way you will know that what you start to write will not be saved.
How to stop receiving WhatsApp notifications?
The vacation mode changed its name weeks before being implemented in the official versions of WhatsApp; however, its operation is identical to what was planned from the beginning: allowing the user to block notifications only for some specific conversations.
The function changed its name to something more precise: keep chats archived, so that once we send any conversation, whether group or individual, to that section, it will remain there even if we receive new messages.
How to delete WhatsApp call log
To delete the complete history of calls made on WhatsApp, enter the Calls section and click on the three-dot icon to access the menu. There you can choose the option ‘Delete call log’.
But if what you are looking for is to delete only certain calls, WhatsApp offers us the possibility to specifically choose which ones to delete. To do this, enter the Calls section and keep your finger pressed on each one of them to be able to select them, then click on the trash can icon and that’s it.
WhatsApp Web: how to use two accounts at the same time on the same laptop or PC?
Many users use WhatsApp every day to communicate with friends and co-workers. That is why many of them have two accounts; however, they do not know how to have both sessions open simultaneously and on the same PC. If you have this problem, we will show you how this simple trick works.
Unlike what happens on a mobile phone – where we are limited to opening a single account – on a computer it is possible to access two accounts simultaneously if we use a trick, although applying it requires a series of steps.
WhatsApp Web: so you can send self-destructing photos and videos from your PC
Unlike other WhatsApp Web tricks, this one does not need any Google Chrome extension, since we can find it natively on the same messaging platform. To activate it you have to follow these instructions:
- Enter WhatsApp Web from the browser
- Scan the QR code
- Access the chat where you are going to send the photo or video that self-destructs
- Press the clip icon and choose the Gallery option
- Upload the photo or video you are going to send
- In the preview that will appear, click on the number 1 in the right corner of the bar to write
- Then, you will get a notice that will tell you that your photo or video will disappear from the chat after the recipient opens it
- Click on “Ok” and you can send the photo.