Almost all Instagram users, whether male or female, have at some point been the victim of harassment within the social network, either with threats, insults, or off-color comments. Because of this, the platform offers options to block a contact.
The problem becomes even greater when the same person creates an Instagram profile with another name to send private messages or make unwise comments on your posts.
Due to this, the aforementioned platform added an option that will allow you to block future accounts that a stranger creates from now on, so it will be practically impossible for them to bother you again.
How to block an Instagram account?
In case you didn’t know, the social network gives you the power to block the contact you want. If there is someone out there bothering you, it is better that you go through this simple process so that they can no longer write to you:
- Open Instagram from your smartphone, be it iPhone or Android
- Visit the profile of the person you want to block and click on the three vertical dots that appear in the upper right
- A menu will be displayed where you will see the option to block
- Select ‘block to’ and then the name of that account.
In this way, that user will no longer be able to see your profile, publications, stories, much less send you messages within Instagram. But if for any reason the user bothers you from another account, we will tell you how to block their profiles.
Blocking all accounts that are created from the same profile is also possible. Follow these steps:
- Go to Instagram
- Locate the account of the person you want to block
- Enter your profile and click on the three vertical dots that are in the upper right part of the screen
- The menu opens and clicks on ‘block’
- Finally, choose the one that says – block (account name) and any new ones I can create.
This will prevent the Internet user from sending you messages or visiting your profile from other accounts since they will be prevented from communicating with you.