Surely it has happened to you on several occasions that you have several WhatsApp groups with friends, acquaintances, co-workers or family members in which they send you countless photos or videos every day, and when you look on your cell phone, your gallery is full of various files and daily you have to be deleting them.
If you don’t want the photos or videos you receive via WhatsApp to be saved in your gallery and later this situation becomes annoying, there is a list of steps you must follow to prevent the memory of your cell phone from filling up and not being downloaded automatically without your permission.
WhatsApp: how to prevent photos from being saved on the cell phone
How to avoid the photos or videos that you receive from WhatsApp are not saved on your cell phone? Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Check if your WhatsApp on Android or iPhone is up to date
- Enter the application and go to the Settings section
- Look for the “Chats” option
- Disable the “Visibility of media files” tab
- Go back to the main menu and go to “Storage and data”
- Now look for the “Automatic download” section
- Deactivate the option of photos and videos in downloading with mobile data or wifi
With these simple steps, you will prevent the photos or videos that you receive in the WhatsApp application from being downloaded to your cell phone unless you want to reactivate this option.
Also, if you do not want to receive documents or audio files by WhatsApp, you just have to deactivate the boxes following the same steps so that you stop receiving them.
It is worth mentioning that this option will allow you to download the files manually and thus ensure that you are selective in what you download to your device.
- YOU MAY BE INTERESTED: Ready? WhatsApp prepares new functions for 2022
In this way, say goodbye to those funny memes, embarrassing videos or off-color images when sometimes you are in a very important work meeting and that are usually sent to you in WhatsApp groups when it is not a very appropriate moment.
If you need to review the steps and additional information, we leave you this link.