It is common for most people on Facebook to share all kinds of things with their contacts, be it photos, videos, memes, or something that caught their attention. However, unpleasant opinions can also be received in these publications. Therefore, it is necessary to know the method of the social network that allows you to limit comments.
In this sense, if you want to avoid the annoying comments of a certain person, Facebook gives you the necessary tools so that you can do it and thus do not start a fight with this user.
How can I control who can comment on my Facebook posts?
To control who can comment on your Facebook posts, you do not need any third-party application, since it is a native function of the social network itself that you can find in both its Android and iOS versions.
By default, anyone can comment on your public Facebook posts, even if they don’t follow you. To change this configuration you must follow these instructions:
- Tap on the three horizontal stripes located at the top right of Facebook.
- Scroll to the bottom, tap Settings & Privacy, and select Settings
- Under Audience and visibility, tap Followers and public content.
- In the Who can follow me section, tap Public or Friends
- Under Public Post Comments, tap one of the following:
- Audience: Includes everyone, even those who don’t follow you.
- Friends of Friends: Include all your friends and any friends they have.
- Friends: Include your Facebook friends. If someone else is tagged in a post, the audience expands to include the tagged person and their friends.
However, you can also choose who can comment on your individual posts on your Facebook profile. To configure it to your liking and avoid comments from a specific contact, just follow these instructions:
- Go to the public post of your profile where you want to change who can comment.
- Click on the top right of the post.
- Tap on Edit privacy
- Select who can comment on your post: Public, Friends, Except Friends, Specific Friends, and Only Me.
Facebook Couples: How to share stories on your dating service profile?
Available in Peru since 2019, Facebook Parejas is an online dating service developed by the social media giant to compete with apps like Tinder, Happn, and Badoo. Recently, the platform was updated to improve the user experience.
If you use this portal, you have the possibility to share your Instagram and Facebook stories directly on your profile, which can help to make yourself better known to your potential matches. Do you want to know how to do it? Next, we tell you all the details.