The various technological products and services presented at the Consumer Electronics Show 2022, the most important technological innovation fair of the year, have surprised many users who like this type of novelty.
Therefore, Lenovo seized the opportunity and presented its new range of laptops aimed at the professional public, made with premium recycled materials and composed of its first two models: ThinkPad Z13 and ThinkPad Z16.
Both models only differ by the size of their screen, but they do vary a lot from the rest of ThinkPads offered by Lenovo. What is striking about these new laptops is their design based on materials, such as black vegan leather and recycled aluminum. The commitment to ecological materials reaches the packaging, which is made of bamboo and sugar cane.
Performance and security features go hand in hand with its optimized design thanks to its cooperation with AMD and Microsoft. Building on that, the computers come with AMD Ryzen 6000 Series processors, which are the first x86 to integrate Microsoft Pluton for powerful chip-to-cloud security on Windows 11 computers.
ThinkPad Z13 and Z16 Features
- Recycled black vegan leather and aluminum. Recyclable bamboo and sugar cane packaging.
- Communications Bar with a larger sensor FHD camera, e-Shutter electronic shutter for privacy, and dual array microphones.
- The highest screen-to-body ratio (STB) in the ThinkPad portfolio: 91.6% (Z13) and 92.3% (Z16).
- Larger 120mm haptic ForcePad.
- Vivid display options, including 2.8K touch OLED on the Z13 and 4K OLED on the Z16, both supporting Dolby Vision and blue light reduction.
- Dolby Atmos speaker system and Dolby Voice AI noise cancellation technology.
- TrackPoint’s new double-tap feature launches Communication QuickMenu for quick access to camera and microphone settings.
- The Z13 is powered by AMD Ryzen PRO U-Series processors with integrated AMD Radeon graphics and Microsoft Pluton security processor. The Z13 is also available with a dedicated AMD Ryzen PRO 6860Z processor.
- The Z16 works with AMD Ryzen PRO H-Series processors with integrated AMD Radeon graphics or optional AMD Radeon RX 6500M discrete graphics, including Microsoft Pluton security processor.
- AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 Series processors with Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 offers advanced management and industry-leading WiFi connectivity on the Z13 and Z16. Additionally, Qualcomm 4-stream Dual Band Simultaneous (DBS) on AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 Series processors enables sustained low latency potential of WiFi Dual Station, natively compatible with Windows 11.
- Preloaded with Windows 11.
- Match-on-chip fingerprint reader built into the keyboard for added security convenience.