Having beautiful teeth can make us feel more confident since the smile is usually our letter of introduction to the world. Dental veneers are an excellent option to improve the color or position of the teeth, improving the smile’s appearance in a fast, painless, and long-lasting way.
What are dental veneers?
Who is a candidate for a dental veneer placement?
Risks and side effects
As it is a minimally invasive procedure, it does not usually present risks for the patient. The effects occur if the person does not have the necessary care to maintain the composite veneers properly. Some of the effects are as follows:
- Color changes if you frequently consume products such as coffee, red wine, dark chocolate, among others.
- Changes to yellow color with the use of tobacco. As well as if they do not have a routine of oral hygiene.
- Risk of falling or breaking if you bite down on something with great force.
- At what age can dental veneers be placed? The specialists in Dental Aesthetics recommend using composite veneers in those under 18 years of age as they are reversible and can be removed more easily than porcelain-based veneers. Thus, when the patient reaches adulthood and wishes to have a porcelain veneer placed, the previous veneer can be easily removed without major problems. But it must be taken into account that regular visits to the specialist must be maintained to maintain the color and quality of the composite veneers.
- How long does it take to make porcelain veneers? And the composite ones? If the use of pieces made in the laboratory is not required, such as in the direct technique based on composite veneers, the result is immediate. In contrast, composite veneers made in the laboratory take about three weeks, versus porcelain veneers take a month to perform in the laboratory.
- Can you lead a normal life after the placement of the veneers? Yes, the patient can resume their normal activities. They will have to follow some guidelines at home to ensure that the veneers last and do not break or change color.
- Can teeth whitening treatments be performed while using composite veneers? To perform a teeth whitening treatment, the veneers must first be removed. Once the whitening is done, they make new veneers with the right shade.
- What are the benefits of lumineers veneers? They are very durable, and it is unnecessary to lower the tooth to proceed with its placement, say, professionals.