With the rise of telecommuting, computers have become an indispensable tool on a day-to-day basis. Because we store sensitive or confidential information in them, it is important to take all necessary measures to keep it as secure as possible.
In addition to setting passwords, enabling two-factor authentication, and other precautions, there is a simple but effective method to safeguard your data: hide folders and files. Next, we show you the steps you should follow if you have a device with Windows 11.
How to hide folders and files in Windows 11?
- Find the file or folder you want to hide
- Right click on that item to display the options menu
- Click on properties
- Access the General tab and go to the attributes section
- Check the hidden box
- Press the accept button.
From that moment on, the folder or file in question will be hidden in your PC’s storage and no one will be able to access it easily.
How to see hidden files and folders in Windows 11?
- Open file explorer from Windows taskbar
- Click on the View tab located at the top of the window
- Select show > hidden items.
By enabling this option, all non-visible files and folders stored on your computer will be automatically displayed on the screen. In this way, they will be at your disposal whenever you need them without being in sight of anyone.