When you install WhatsApp on your smartphone, be it Android or iPhone, an icon is automatically created on the screen that serves as a shortcut; that is, to enter this instant messaging application faster. Did you know that there is a trick to modify it? Here we are going to teach you.
If you don’t like the traditional WhatsApp icon and want to change it to a more cheerful one (that is smiling), you will be interested to know that there is a method to achieve it in a matter of seconds. Unfortunately, it only works with Android cell phones, if you have an iPhone, you will not be able to use it.
How to change the WhatsApp icon for a smiling one?
First, you must enter Google and look for an image that shows the WhatsApp icon smiling, you can also look for it in another color, with a Christmas hat, etc. You must make sure that it has no background and that it is in PNG format.
In case the image does not have a transparent background, nor is it in PNG format, a good option is to edit it with Photoshop or Photopea. You can also use an online tool called remove.bg to remove the background. Then follow these steps:
- Enter the Play Store and search for Nova Launcher
- After installing the application, you will have to customize the new interface that your phone will have
- It is very likely that some icons will move, so you will have to sort them manually
- Now press the WhatsApp icon for a few seconds until a window appears with the edit option
- Nova Launcher not only allows you to change the icon for the image you saved but also the name of WhatsApp.
That would be all. Once you have saved the changes, the traditional WhatsApp icon will be gone and in its place, you will have one with a smiley face. In case it is not to your liking, you can uninstall Nova Launcher and everything will go back to how it was before.