Do you want to prevent your Instagram account from being a potential target of attacks and hacks? For that purpose, the popular social network has a security feature called two-step authentication that, along with the password, helps safeguard the information and privacy of your profile.
When you use this method, the platform will send you a notification to enter a special verification code or to confirm the login attempt every time someone tries to access your Instagram account from an unrecognized browser or device.
How to activate two-step authentication for Instagram?
This configuration can be done both from the web version of Instagram and from the application for iOS and Android devices. Next, know all the steps you must follow:
- Access Instagram from your smartphone or computer
- Press the icon of your profile located in the lower right corner of the screen
- Touch the three horizontal lines button ☰ to display the main menu
- Access the configuration panel
- Go to the security section and click on two-step authentication
- Tap the start button at the bottom
- Choose the security method you want to add and follow the instructions that will appear on the screen.
By activating this function, Instagram will allow you to select between three different security methods: authentication application, text messages (SMS), or WhatsApp. In the option you choose, the social network will send you the corresponding verification codes so that you can log into your account.
From that moment, every time you access your profile from a new browser or device, the platform will ask you to enter the special six-digit password in addition to your usual password. You can also enable the trust this device check box to avoid repeating the process constantly.