The emails are the most widely used communication channels in work or academic environments; That is why it is important to know the functions of all the platforms that offer this type of service. However, users are unaware that Gmail has a method to undo a sent email.
To delete an email sent from Gmail you must know two main things: your email must be configured before and you have little time to be able to make it disappear.
How to undo a sent email from Gmail?
To cancel an email sent by mistake you do not need to install any strange program on your computer, you just have to follow these instructions:
- Open your Gmail account from a desktop computer
- Click on settings (gear symbol)
- Go to See all settings
- It will open the General section, one of the first fields is Undo the shipment
- Choose the time to cancel a sent email
- You have the possibility to activate the cancellation of emails sent for up to 30 seconds.
- In this simple way, if you have this function activated in Gmail and you send the wrong email, you will have a few seconds to cancel it and thus avoid an unpleasant moment.
How to cancel an email in Outlook?
This tool is also available in Outlook from Microsoft. To activate it follow these steps:
- Select the settings gear and choose View all Outlook settings
- Click on Compose and reply and in the section Cancel sending
- Now set the time, it can be 5 or 10 seconds.