An alternative technique to the most used facial rejuvenation methods, wrinkle filling and lip augmentation. In this case, I have decided to focus on facial treatment, but I have to say that the Hyaluron Pen also works for body treatments.
This device is designed to deliver liquid gel preparations to the skin without the need for a needle. It consists of the main body, in which we place the necessary product preparation, and it is introduced into the epidermis by applying pressure.
By applying pressure to the area to be treated, what we achieve is to introduce the product through the skin’s pores. We will work mainly at the level of the epidermis and, sometimes, some of the dermis.
Over the years, a series of changes take place in our skin: The body itself produces less hyaluronic acid, that is, the production of collagen fibres is reduced, the result is less hydration of the skin, combined with the thinning of adipose tissue and some changes in bone structure.
These are the ones that produce the deepest wrinkles and those that give us an older appearance to our skin.
- Avoid over-the-counter medications like Aspirin, Ibuprofen, etc. For one week prior to treatment, clients should consult their physician if they take aspirin or another medication.
- Avoid supplements that affect the blood clotting process for one week before treatment.
- If you have previously suffered from cold sores, there is a risk that the injection will contribute to another rash. Prophylactic therapy is recommended.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before treatment.
- It would be best if you arrived at the cosmetology salon with a “clean face”, washed and without makeup.
How does the Hyaluron Pen work?
First of all, hyaluronic acid is introduced into the device (pen) to load it and then be applied to the area to be treated. Through a shot, the product will reach the dermis, and the specialist will manipulate it so that it is evenly distributed.
There is a lot of passage of veins in the face, and a bad execution could trigger the rupture of one of these. We must know where each risk vein is, and we will mark them with a pencil so as not to shoot over that area.
When we apply the shot, we will have to exert a little pressure (only the necessary one). If we exert too much pressure, we can cause necrosis. We have to bear in mind that we cannot repeat the shot in the same area; therefore, if it is a wide area, we will delimit that area in small squares to be able to have a guide to the area previously worked on. It will not be applied in the eye area, it is very dangerous, and we must always take into account leaving a prudent distance that cannot affect it; it is in the following area where the closest area of the eye that we can work is marked with an “X”. In this way, we can work on the expression lines “Crow’s feet”, and hide them. The facial is only performed with non-cross-linked hyaluronic acid.
The results will be appreciated immediately, but at four weeks, they will be seen more noticeably since the collagen will have been stimulated. After a few months (from 4 to 6), the hyaluronic acid will be reabsorbed, so the treated area will return to its initial state. It will be recommended to perform the treatment again to achieve the desired result again.
Treatments that we can perform
- Bio-revitalization: By applying non-cross-linked hyaluronic acid, vitamins or trace elements, improving the elasticity of the skin, increasing its tonicity and reducing the formation of wrinkles and filling in fine lines of expression. Thus, we achieve greater facial hydration and a more youthful appearance on the skin. It is recommended for skin over 35 years old or very dehydrated, with many wrinkles and spots.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is applying substances to combat cellulite, localized fat, flaccidity, filling of wrinkles, etc. With a cocktail based on peptides, it will be recommended for young patients to prevent wrinkles. Therefore, depending on the substance that we will apply in the Hyaluron Pen, we can work at the body or facial level.
- Filling deep wrinkles: The cross-linked hyaluronic acid also provides volume hydration. Therefore, the most marked and deep wrinkles can be treated with this type of acid. Always make a good diagnosis and observe which area the wrinkle is located since not all face areas will work with this device.
- Hydration of hands and lips: We will apply the non-cross-linked hyaluronic acid. Its function is to hydrate the skin without adding volume. Suppose there is a good amount of hyaluronic acid in the skin. In that case, this acts by causing the moisture to make, together with the collagen, a perfect mixture, improving elasticity and firmness in the skin.
- Lip volume: We will return to work with the cross-linked acid. While we will hydrate, we will also add volume to the lip.