The tooth whitening is one of the most popular procedures in recent years. Thanks to this new technique, we can achieve a much whiter smile in less time . Currently, there are many types of teeth whitening , such as combined, mixed or internal. However, in this article we are going to focus only on the one that is done with LED light , also known as cold light or laser whitening, since it is the one with the greatest advantages and benefits. Keep reading if you want to know more about how this type of whitening can help us achieve a whiter and longer lasting smile.
What is LED light teeth whitening?
This type of teeth whitening consists of the application of a whitening gel on the surface of the teeth, which contains hydrogen peroxide . When we subject this component to the cold light of the LED lamp , we help to release bleaching molecules, which are those that act on the dentin. This LED lamp covers the entire teeth, which makes it a faster and safer technique, since it does not give off too much heat, which could damage our teeth. In addition, it is a painless and safe procedure , with which we can whiten our teeth in various shades without increasing tooth sensitivity.
- Advertisement -
Before starting the whitening process , it is important that the professional perform an initial cleaning of the patient’s teeth. Once this is done, you can apply the whitening gel that will act on the surface of the teeth. Finally, the patient is exposed to a cold LED light , with which it will accelerate the whitening process and activate the whitening molecules in the gel . The session usually lasts between approximately 60 minutes , but this time may vary depending on the type of patient and the type of teeth. Once the whitening is done, It is recommended that the patient avoid smoking or consuming beverages such as coffee or wine, as they can make our teeth regain their initial appearance.
Advantages of teeth whitening with LED light
The teeth whitening LED light has many advantages that make it the best choice. These advantages are:
- It is a fast and effective process : what distinguishes it from other types of whitening. Thanks to a session of one hour, we will achieve that our teeth diminish several shades of color . In addition, you will not have to undergo another brushing session, as long as you do not consume products that can stain your teeth.
- We only need one session to get several shades whiter: the action of the whitening gel and the LED light require only one session, with which you will achieve the results you are looking for. However, as we have already mentioned before, we may have to repeat the session if we habitually consume tobacco, wine or coffee, since these products cause our teeth to lose the tone acquired during whitening.
- It is totally painless : we should not worry that it may hurt, since we are only subjected to the action of the whitening gel and the LED light . Neither is a recovery necessary, since it is not an invasive technique nor does it require any type of surgery.
Benefits of teeth whitening with LED light
The tooth whitening not only has many advantages, but we also offer benefits , among which are:
- We get our teeth to show a more aesthetic and hygienic appearance , since having them whiter will give a greater sensation of cleanliness.
- It increases our confidence and gives us more security, by showing a white smile we are no longer scared or worried about smiling.
- It improves our dental health and does not damage the enamel of our teeth.
- It is a procedure indicated for any type of person , as long as they do not have any gum or tooth disease.
This summer, we want you to show your best smile, that is why we have the best professionals in the sector , so that your teeth always look white and perfect. We have the best equipment on the market . We are experts in health and aesthetics . Do not think about it anymore, visit us and we will solve all your doubts.