Regis Philbin was an American media personality, actor, and singer who rose to prominence to host a talk and game shows since the 1960s. He is best known for hosting Live! With Regis and Kathie Lee. To live! and the game show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? He was also the host of the first season of America’s Got Talent. He died on Friday 24 July 2020 at the age of 89 due to natural causes. Tune in bio!
Regis Philbin Age, Height and 1eight
How old was Regis Philbin at the time of his death? He was 88 years old at the time of his death. He was born on August 25, 1931, in the Bronx, New York City. How tall was Regis? He was 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs around 50kg or 110lbs.
Cause of Regis Philbin’s Death
Philbin passed away on Friday 24 July 2020 at the age of 88 of natural causes, one month after his 89th birthday. Additionally, his family members thank his fans and admirers for their incredible support throughout her 60-year career and ask for privacy as they mourn his loss.
Regis Philbin Wife and Children
In 1957, he tied the knot to Catherine Faylen. Later, in 1968, they separated. Then he married Joy Philbin on March 1, 1970. He was also blessed with four children. Three of his daughters named, JJ, Joanna, and Amy, and a son named Danny.
Regis Philbin Family
His father was named Francis, a United States Marine, and his mother was named Filomena Florence. He belongs to mixed ethnicity. His father was of Irish descent and his mother came from a family of Italian immigrants of Arbëreshë origin from Greci, in Campania. Starting from his studies, he attended the prestigious Regis High School. Subsequently, he attended the University of Notre Dame, from which he graduated in 1953 in sociology.
Regis Philbin Brother
It has long been believed that Philbin was an only child, but during the February 1, 2007 broadcast of Live with Regis and Kelly, Philbin announced that he had a brother, Frank M. Philbin (March 1, 1951 – January 27, 2007), who died of lymphoma, not Hodgkin several days ago. Philbin said his brother, 20 years his junior, had asked not to be mentioned on television or in the press.
Regis Philbin Career
Initially, after finishing his degree, he served in the United States Navy as a refueling officer, then did some behind-the-scenes jobs on television and radio before moving into the broadcasting arena. He has hosted many shows such as Million Dollar Password, Daytime Emmy Awards, Late Show With David Letterman, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, the first season of America’s Got Talent in 2006, and many others. Additionally, he has also appeared on the sitcoms Spin City, Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother, Hope & Faith, and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Regis Philbin Net Worth
How much was Regis Philbin’s net worth? His value has been estimated at around $ 150 million.
Regis Philbin Wiki
|Wiki / Bio|
|Real name||Regis Francis Xavier Philbin|
|Age||88 years old (died)|
|Birthday||Aug 25, 1931|
|Profession||TV presenter, talk show host, game presenter, actor, singer, author|
|Birth place||The Bronx, NY|
|Height / High||Feet and Inches: 5’5 ‘
|Weight||Kilograms: 50 Kg
Pounds: 110 lbs
|Approximately 39-30-36 inches|
|Hair colour||dark brown|
|Shoe size||7 (USA)|
|Net assets||About 150 million US dollars|
|Earnings Sponsors Sponsors||Unknown|
|Parents||Padre: Francis Philbin
Madre: Filomena Philbin
|brothers||Brother: Frank M. Philbin (March 1,
1951 – January 27, 2007)
|Marital status||Married (twice)|
|Ex wife?||Catherine ‘Kay’ Faylen
(m. 1955; div. 1968)
|Wife / Spouse||Joy Senese (d.1970-until death)|
|I am||Danny Philbin|
|Daughter||JJ, Joanna e Amy|
|University||University of Notre Dame|
|School||Liceo Cardinal Hayes|
|Accounts of social media|
|Social media account link|
Facts of Regis Philbin
- He earned his first online television exposure in 1967 as Joey Bishop’s sidekick on The Joey Bishop Show.
- He was also a writer and singer.
- His two named autobiographies are, I’m just a man! (1995) and Who Wants to Be Me? (2000).
- He has been married twice and had four children.
- He follows the world of professional sport a lot, having fun with baseball and football.
- He was an avid New York Yankees fan and a proud supporter of his alma mater’s sports teams, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
- He underwent angioplasty in 1993.
- He underwent triple bypass surgery at Weill Cornell Medical Center due to plaque in his arteries in 2007.
- He was featured as a car salesman Bello Hal on Kelly Ripa’s sitcom Hope & Faith.
- In the episode of How I Met Your Mother: The Best Burger in New York, Philbin starred as himself.
- There are also pictures of Philbin displayed in the background of all the burger restaurants.
- He is seen in the Brooklyn Nine Nine episode ’48 Hours’, in which Jake displays a number of photos of himself with Regis Philbin, in addition to voicing the photos.