Pat Sajak (October 26, 1946) is an American television personality, former meteorologist, and talk show host who is best known as the host of the American television game show, Wheel of Fortune. With his presence on the game show, he broke the world record for having the longest career as a game show host for the same show that hosted him for 38 years and 198 days. Sajak is also a former NBC meteorologist and talk show host. He also served the United States National Army during the Vietnam War as a radio host.
Pat Sajak Age, Height, Weight and Body Measurements
- As of 2023, Pat Sajak’s age is 76.
- Pat Sajak has a well-maintained physique.
- He stands on a good height of 5 feet 10 inches tall.
- He weighs about 80 kg.
- He has a fair complexion with light brown hair and blue eyes.
- Wears a shoe size of UK 9.
- He is also a fitness freak.
Pat Poetry Wiki / Biography
|Real name||Patrick Leonard Sajdak|
|Birthday||October 26, 1946|
|Age||76 years old (from 2023)|
|Profession||TV personality, TV game host|
|Famous for||As host of the American television game
show, ‘Wheel of Fortune’
|Place of birth/hometown||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Current residence||1. Parco Severna, Maryland
2. Los Angeles, California
|Height / High||In centimeters – 177 cm
In meters – 1.77 m
In feet – 5’10 ‘
|Weight||In kilograms – 80 kg
In lbs – 176 lbs
|Shoe size||9 (United Kingdom)|
|body size||In shape|
|Hair colour||light brown|
|tattoos||N / A|
|Parents||Padre: Leonard Anthony Sajdak
Madre: Joyce Helen
|Previous meetings||Sherrill Sajak (ex-wife)|
|Wife / Spouse||Sherrill Sajak
(m. 1979; div. 1986)
Lesly Brown-Sajak (m. 1989-oggi)
|children / baby||Son: Patrick Michael James Sajak
Daughter: Maggie Sajak
|College / University||Unknown|
|Favourite actor||Tom Hanks|
|Favorite actress||Jennifer Lawrence|
|Favorite food||Continental food|
|Hobby||Shopping and travel|
|Net value||About $ 65 million (as of 2020)|
|Salary||$ 15 million dollars|
|Link to social media|
Pat Sajak Wife / Spouse
- As of 2020, Pat Sajak is married to Lesly Brown Sajak.
- The duo also has a son, Patrick Michael James Sajak (born September 22, 1990), and a daughter, Maggie Marie Sajak (born January 5, 1995).
- Currently, the couple resides in Severna Park, Maryland.
- The couple also have a second home in Los Angeles, California.
- According to Pat Sajak’s previous dating story, he was married to his first wife, Sherrill Sajak.
- In 1979, Sherrill and Pat got married but living together for 7 years, the couple divorced in 1979.
- Currently, Pat Sajak is married to his second wife, Lesly Brown Sajak.
- Lesley and Pat began dating in 1989, three years after her first divorce.
Pat Sajak Biography, Family and Education
- Pat Sajak was born and raised in Chicago on October 26, 1946.
- According to his family members, his father was named Leonard Anthony Sajdak, a worker who died when Sajak was young.
- His mother’s name is Joyce Helen.
- All of his grandparents were Polish.
- After Sajak’s father died, his mother married Walter Backal.
- As for his education, in 1964, Sajak graduated from Farragut High School.
- Later, he went to Columbia College in Chicago while working as a receptionist at the Palmer House hotel.
- He served in the United States Army as a disc jockey during the Vietnam War also for the American Forces Vietnam Network.
Pat Sajak Career
- Pat Sajak began his career as a DJ at the 50,000-watt WSM in 1970 and then landed a successful career with a job as a voice actor on NBC’s Today’s Show.
- Then, Sajak worked as a full-time meteorologist for KNBC-TV in 1977.
- He hosted two prize game pilots: Press Your Luck and Puzzlers, in 1980.
- He was offered to work as a presenter on Wheel of Fortune in 1981.
- Sajak hosted both the daytime (NBC) and syndicated evening versions of Wheel of Fortune for 6 years from 1983 to 1989.
- He went on to work on the show and complete his 36th season.
- Additionally, he signed up for the show until 2022.
- Sajak broke the world record for the longest career for hosting the same game show, Wheel of Fortune, on May 8, 2019.
- In 1982, Sajak appeared in the comedy film, Airplane II: The Sequel as a reporter.
- In 1983, Sajak appeared as Kevin Hathaway on NBC’s daytime soap opera, Days of Our Lives.
- In January 1989, he hosted a short-lived late-night talk show on CBS.
- He has also appeared in Super Password, Password Plus, Dream House, Just Men! and Pat Sajak Weekend. He also hosted the syndicated radio sports talk show, The Pat Sajak Baseball Hour.
- Sajak is an external director of Eagle Publishing and a vice president of Hillsdale College.
- Sajak appeared as himself in the popular children’s cartoon program Rugrats (1993) and in the sitcom The King of Queens (2001).
- In 2007, he released his very first puzzle game, Lucy Letters.
- Sajak has also appeared in episodes of ESPN radio’s The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz and Highly Questionable.
About Wheel of Fortune (American game show)
- Wheel of Fortune is an American television game created by Merv Griffin which debuted in 1975.
- The main game is based on Hangman.
- Pat Sajak is in his 38th year as a Wheel of Fortune Guest.
- He entered America’s Game® in 1981 when the show aired on the network’s daytime television.
- The first syndicated version made its debut in 1983, with Sajak at the helm.
Pat Sajak Net Worth
- As of 2020, the value of Pat Sajak ner is estimated to be around $ 65-70 million.
- He has an annual salary of $ 15 million at the Wheel of Fortune.
- Pat Sajak has been in the entertainment industry for a long time for more than 3 decades.
- Sajak has surpassed a fortune worth millions of dollars through his many TV shows and films.
Facts of Pat Sajak
- Sajak underwent emergency bowel surgery to remove a blockage in November 2019.
- Until 2022, Sajak is signed as a guest on the Wheel of Fortune show.
- Sajak broke the world record for having the longest career as a game presenter for the same show, hosting the Wheel of Fortune for 38 years and 198 days.
- Sajak was officially honored as such by Guinness World Records with the episode recorded on March 22, 2019, and airing on May 8, 2019.
- Sajak won a contest on WLS radio’s Dick Biondi Show for being a guest teenage deejay.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings