Fatima Sana Shaikh appeared as Geeta Phogat (an Indian wrestler who brought India’s first gold medal in wrestling at the 2010 Commonwealth Games) in the 2016 blockbuster film, Dangal, and her character was highly praised. The actress starred as a child artist in the 1997 film Chachi 420 opposite Kamal Haasan. She has worked in many movies as well as TV series. Know more about this great star and biography of Fatima Sana Shaikh
Fatima Sana Shaikh Age and Birthplace
Fatima Sana Shaikh was born on 11 January 1992 in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India, and is currently 31 years old. But her home is in Mumbai city, Maharashtra, India. Her family and friends called her by the name Fatty. She always wanted to be an actress and got the first film of her life which was Chachi 420 in 1997 at the age of 5. In an interview, she said that she quit acting after playing a child artist as she dropped out of her school but after some time, she returned to acting and started giving auditions.
Fatima Sana Shaikh Height and Weight
This rising actress is 5′ 7″ tall and weighs around 51 kg. Her eyes are brown and her hair color is black.
Fatima Sana Shaikh Family and Ethnicity
Fatima Sana belongs to a Brahmin family and follows the religion of Islam. Although she was born in Hyderabad and brought up in Mumbai, her family roots are from Jammu. Her father, Vipan Sharma is a Hindu and belongs to Jammu, while her mother, Raj Tabbasam, is a Muslim woman from Srinagar.
In the 1980s, her father moved to Mumbai and married Raj Tabasam there. Fatima Sana is still unmarried. In 2015, after a long struggle, she got the best chance of her life after almost six rounds of auditions. This film was a turning point in her life.
Fatima Sana Shaikh Career
She did her schooling at St. Xavier’s High School, Mumbai, and then graduated from Mithibai College, Mumbai. She was fond of acting since her childhood and always wanted to act in films. Her dream of acting came true after playing the role of a child artist in the movie Chachi 420. He was loved and appreciated by everyone for her job in the film. In 2001, Fatima Sana Shaikh worked in the film One 2 Ka 4; Which was the second film of her career, starring Juhi Chawla and Shah Rukh Khan in lead roles.
Then, she played the character of Zoya in the 2008 film Tahaan. On 16 March 2009, she made her TV debut on the Zee TV daily TV serial Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo; In which she played a negative character named Suman.
In the same year, she appeared in another TV show Ladies Special. Later, she goes to Bittu Boss, Table No. Appeared in films like 21 and Akash Vani but failed to make her place in the Indian film industry.
In early 2015, she almost gave up on her acting dream as she could not find any work after giving several auditions. She decided to open a new chapter in her life and started working as a cinematographer. Later in the same year, she made her Telugu film debut with the film Teluva Nenu Oktakavudam! And the Tamil film debuted with the film O Kadhal Kanmani.
In 2015, she was selected to play the role of Geeta Phuket, the highest-grossing film of 2016 Dangal, after a lengthy audition process. The film was the first hit of her career and with her power-packed performance in the film, she became instantly popular.
In 2017, she was approached for another film, Thugs of Hindustan; It stars Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, and Katrina Kaif.
Fatima Sana Shaikh Awards and Recognition
In the year 2018, Fatima Sana Shaikh was awarded the Best Action Actress award for the film Dangal at the 4th Jackie Chan Action Movie Week in China.
Fatima Sana Shaikh Favorite Things
- When it comes to acting, she admires Shah Rukh Khan, Preity Zinta, Priyanka Chopra, and Deepika Padukone.
- Her all-time favorite movie is “American Psycho”.
- She likes to read in her free time. Her favorite books include Only Love Is Real by Brian Weiss, Many Lives by Brian Weiss, Many Masters by Brian Weiss, and more.
- She is a big fan of Brian Weiss; An American psychiatrist and author.
Fatima Sana Shaikh Facts
- She is a carnivore.
Fatima is a great photographer. She has worked as a photographer in a studio. She has also assisted as a cinematographer for two commercials.
- She is an art lover. Her drawings and sketching are worth seeing.
- Artwork of Fatima Sana Shaikh
- In 2016, she appeared in Karan Johar’s show Koffee With Karan. On the show, she said that she was unemployed for three years before she got a chance to be a part of Dangal.
- During the filming of Dangal, she stayed with Sanya Malhotra, Zaira Wasim, and Suhni Bhatnagar in Aamir Khan’s old apartment for 6 months. To meet the requirements of her role for Dangal, she underwent rigorous training for about 6 months. took. She followed a strict routine which included a gym, wrestling for 3 hours, having lunch, learning Haryanvi, having dinner, and then sleeping.
- While rehearsing for the wrestling scene for Dangal, she mistimed the timing, and as a result, injured her ankle.
- After getting Dangal, she became a very good friend to Sania Malhotra. The two even spent a lot of time after the film’s release that some of their friends started thinking that they were dating each other.
- Fatima Sana Shaikh is the center of talent on the sets of Koffee With Karan. Apart from acting and photography, she is also a prolific dancer.