Neena Gupta (born July 4, 1959) is a well-known and classy Indian TV actress and director. Best known for her work in both arthouse and commercial films, she won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for playing a young widow in Woh Chokri (1994). In 2018, she saw a career resurgence playing a middle-aged pregnant woman in the comedy-drama Badhaai Ho, for which she won the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress and received a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress. Other than that, she has millions of followers on her social media platforms.
Neena Gupta Age, height, weight and body measurements
- As of 2023, Neena Gupta’s age is 63.
- It stands 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- It weighs approximately 55 kg or 121 lbs.
- Her body measurements are unknown.
- She has dark brown eyes and black hair.
- She wears a shoe size of UK 6.
Neena Gupta Husband
- As of 2020, Neena Gupta is married to Vivek Mehra.
- She had a highly publicized relationship with former West Indian cricketer Vivian Richards in the 1980s, with whom she has a daughter, Masaba Gupta, a fashion designer.
- Neena never married Richards and chose to raise Masaba as a single mother in India.
- It was at that time that she chose to move her family from New Delhi to Mumbai.
- On July 15, 2008, Neena married New Delhi-based Vivek Mehra, an accountant and partner of PwC India in a secret ceremony in the United States.
Neena Gupta The facts in a nutshell
|Wiki / Biography
|July 4, 1959
|63 years (from 2023)
|Woh Chokri movie (1994)
|New Delhi, India
|Height / High
|Standing – 5’7 ‘
|Bra cup size
|Father: deceased RN Gupta
Mother: The deceased Shakuntla Gupta
|Boyfriend / Dating
|N / A
|Husband / Spouse
|Daughter: Masaba Gupta (Deginer)
|About Rs 1.5 crore (from 2020)
|Link to social media
Neena Gupta Born, Family & Education
- Neena Gupta was born on May 4, 1959, in New Delhi from RNGupta.
- She has Indian nationality.
- Her father Late RN Gupta was a military man in a private firm and her mother Late Shakuntla Gupta was a housewife. She is the eldest daughter of her parents.
- She also has siblings.
- She has a younger brother named, Pankaj Gupta.
- As for her education, she attended Lawrence School, Sanawar.
- Gupta holds the Master and M.Phil. in Sanskrit, and is a student of the National School of Drama, New Delhi.
Neena Gupta Career
- As with her career, after completing her 2-year acting course, she began auditioning for many films.
- In the year 1982, Neena Gupta got the chance to work in her first Bollywood film called Saath Saath.
- People loved her performance very much.
- That’s why she worked on more than 3 films in the same year.
- Neena Gupta has also appeared in many international films such as Cotton Mary, Gandhi, In Custody, Mirza Ghalib, etc.
- Then she worked in many Hindi movies with famous stars and became one of the famous celebrities of the 90s.
- In addition to movies, she has also done a great job in the television industry.
- She made her debut on the daily soap with her first show called Khandaan.
- Then she worked in many shows like Junoon, Daane Anaar Ke, Made in Heaven, etc.
- There was a turning point in Nina’s acting career when she had no job.
- She applied for a job stating her work experience on a construction site. Later, return to Bollywood with the film Veere Di Wedding.
- Then she made many comedy films with famous actor Ayushmann such as Badhaai Ho, Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, etc.
Net worth of Neena Gupta
- As of 2020, Neena Gupta’s net worth is estimated to be around Rs 1.5 crore.
- Her main source of income is her acting career.
Facts about Neena Gupta
- In school, she was very fond of hockey.
- Neena worked in the Gandhi movie for only Rs 10000.
- She also appeared in the Malayalam film as Aham and Vasthuhara.
- She was awarded two Filmfare Awards for the film Badhaai Ho.
- In 2019, Neena won the India National Film Festival in Boston for the film The Last Color.
- Her mother wanted her daughter to become an IAS officer in 1993.
- She starred in an Item Choli Ke Peeche song with Madhuri Dixit.
- Gupta also worked as a presenter for the show called Kamzor Kadi Kaun.
- Famous actor Amitabh Bachchan sent her a letter of appreciation for the movie Badhaai Ho.
- She is also a good writer and wrote the script for the famous web series called Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain.
- She appeared in the Chings Chowmein Massala commercial ad.
- She likes to play with her dog named Luca.
- She has appeared on the covers of so many famous magazines like Femina, Verve, etc.
- She uploaded a post to her official Instagram account for a tough job in 2017.
- She is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.