John Lennon was an English singer, songwriter and peace activist. He touted stardom as the Beatles founder, singer and rhythm guitarist. He is the most successful singer in the history of music. Lennon has had 25 number one singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Tune in to the biography and explore more of John Lennon’s Wiki, biography, height, weight, age, wife, net worth, career and many more facts about him.
Height and weight of John Lennon
How tall was John Lennon? It was 5 feet 8 inches or 1.79 m or 179 cm tall. It weighed approximately 67 kg or 147 lbs. He had black hair and eyes.
|John Lennon||Wiki / Bio|
|Real name||John Winston Lennon|
|Band||Guitarist of the Beatles band|
|Age||40 years old (died)|
|Cause of death||Gunshot wounds|
|Funeral||Ashes scattered in Central Park,|
New York City
|Birthday||9 October 1940|
|Birth place||Liverpool, England|
|Height||ca. 5 feet 8 inches (1.79 m)|
|Weight||ca. 67 kilograms (147 lbs)|
|Body statistics||N / A|
|Shoe size||N / A|
|Children||Sean and Julian|
|Wife / Spouse||1. Cynthia Lennon|
2. Yoko Ono
|Net assets||ca. $ 12 million (USD)|
John Lennon’s wife
Who was John Lennon’s wife? He was married to Cynthia Lennon from 1962 to 1968. He then married Yoko Ono on March 20, 1969 until her death in 1980. He had two children named Sean and Julian.
John Lennon Career and net worth
What was John Lennon’s net worth? As a performer, writer or co-writer, Lennon has had 25 number one singles on the Billboard Hot 100 charts. Double Fantasy, his best-selling album, won the 1981 Grammy Award for Album of the Year. In 1982, Lennon was awarded the Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music. In 2002, Lennon was voted eighth in a BBC poll of the 100 Greatest Brits. Rolling Stone ranked him the fifth greatest singer and the thirty-eighth greatest artist of all time. He was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame (in 1997) and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. At the time of his death, his net worth was estimated at over $ 12 million (USD).
John Lennon Facts
- Lennon met Cynthia Powell in 1957, when they were fellow students at Liverpool College of Art.
- Cynthia attributed the start of the breakup to Lennon’s use of LSD.
- Lennon was on tour with the Beatles when Julian was born on April 8, 1963.
- After Lennon’s death, historian Jon Wiener filed a request to the Freedom of Information Act for FBI files documenting the Bureau’s role in the deportation attempt.
- Between 2003 and 2008, Rolling Stone recognized Lennon in several artist and music reviews, ranking him fifth in the 100 Greatest Singers of All Time and 38th in the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time, and his albums. John Lennon / Plastic Ono Band and Imagine, 22nd and 76th respectively of the 500 best albums of all time according to Rolling Stone.