Ana de Armas Wiki Biography: Ana Celia de Armas Caso commonly known as Ana de Armas is a Cuban actress who was born in Havana, Cuba. She has dual citizenship of Cuba as well as of Spain.
Ana is acting since she was in her teenage and made her debut with the drama Una rosa de Francia in 2006. After that she starred in movies El edén perdido and Madrigal in 2007. After that, she moved to Spain and came into the spotlight when she started acting in the drama El Internado for six seasons from 2007 to 2010.
De Arma enrolled for the “rigorous” course in Havana’s National Theater School of Cuba filmed three films there while studying. But she eventually left the four-year drama course months before presenting her final thesis. She left the course because Cuban graduates are banned from leaving the country without completing three years of mandatory service to the state. After that at an age of 18, Ana moved to Madrid, Spain and got her Spanish citizenship through her maternal grandparents, and started pursuing her acting career there.
Ana is quite popular on Social Media Platforms. She has around 4M followers on Instagram and over 65K followers on Facebook.
|Real Name||Ana Celia de Armas Caso|
|Nick Name||Ana de Armas|
|Date Of Birth||30 April 1988|
|Birth Place||Havana, Cuba|
- Ana de Armas made her acting debut in her teenage with the drama Una rosa de Francia in 2006.
- Then in the year 2007, she appeared in movies movie El edén perdido, and Madrigal.
- She also acted in the six seasons of teen drama El Internado from 2007 to 2010.
- In the year 2009, Ana appeared in a comedy movie Mentiras y Gordas.
- She also acted in El callejón in 2011 and then in the movie Anabel in 2015.
- Ana made her Hollywood debut with the horror movie Knock Knock in 2015 opposite Keanu Reeves.
- She then starred in a supporting role in Todd Phillips’s War Dogs in 2016 and in Blade Runner 2049 in 2017.
- In the year 2018, she appeared in the medical drama Corazón.
- Then in 2019, Ana acted in the murder mystery film Knives Out.
- Ana appeared in 4 films in the year 2020. At first, she appeared in the crime thriller The Informer, then in the noir crime drama The Night Clerk, Netflix biopic Sergio and finally in Netflix spy thriller Wasp Network in 2020.
- As per internet sources, Ana will star in 3 films in the year 2020. She will appear in the movies No Time to Die, Deep Water, and then she will portray Marilyn Monroe in the Netflix biopic Blonde.
|2006||Una rosa de Francia|
|2009||Mentiras y Gordas|
|2009||Y de postre, qué|
|2014||Por un puñado de besos|
|2016||Hands of Stone|
|2017||Blade Runner 2049|
|2020||The Night Clerk|
|2021||No Time to Die|
|TBA||The Gray Man|
Ana de Armas’s Age, Height, Weight
Ana is 34 years old. She is 5 feet 6 inches tall and her weight is 55 Kgs. She has Green colored eyes and Dark Brown hair.
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
Ana de Armas Family
Ana was born on 30 April 1988 in Havana, Cuba. Her father’s name is Ramón and he used to work as a bank manager, a teacher, a school principal, and was also the deputy mayor of a town. Her mother’s name is Ana Caso and she used to work in the human resources section of the Ministry of Education. She also has an older brother named Javier who is a New York-based photographer.
Married Life & Boyfriend
Ana is Divorced. She married Spanish actor Marc Clotet. The couple married in July 2011 but later divorced in 2013. She was even engaged to Franklin Latt, an American talent agent during their relationship from early 2015 to late 2016. She then started dating American actor Ben Affleck in 2020 but they broke up in January 2021.
Some Interesting Facts About Ana de Armas
- Ana’s childhood was spent in fuel shortages and electricity blackouts during Cuba’s Special Period.
- She was not having access to the internet during her teenage and due to which she had limited knowledge of popular culture beyond Cuba.
- She used to watch Hollywood movies in her neighbor’s apartment.
- Ana thought of becoming an Actress at an age of 12 and auditioned to join Havana’s National Theater School of Cuba at an age of 14 in 2002.
- While being a student in National Theater School, she acted in 3 films there but dropped out of her course and moved to Spain at an age of 18.
- She even learned English for 4 months in Los Angeles.
- Ana was also nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical for her film Knives Out in 2019.
- In the year 2020, She won Spanish Actors Union Award for Best Actress in an International Production.
|Favorite Actors||Ryan Gosling, Paul Newman, and Ed Harris|
|Favorite Actresses||Diane Lane and Nicole Kidman|
|Holiday Destination||Las Vegas|
Ana de Armas’s Net Worth
De Armas has a net worth of around $4M. The major source of Ana’s income is from TV shows and movies. Her income also comes from commercials.
De Armas likes acting a lot and acting since her teenage. She is also very fond of reading Books and doing Social Works. Ana also loves Photography and her brother is also a photographer.